Why Barbering Will Always Be Around
Hair never stops growing… the craft of barbering historically seems to be time and recession-proof. While you may think the barber is old school and on the way out, the opposite is actually happening. It’s becoming more and more common in urban areas to see barber shops popping up with a whole new generation of younger clientele. If you’re wondering why, consider some of the reasons we think the world of barbering is here to stay!
- When your tools of the trade are so portable like clippers and shears, your career can send you just about anywhere. From working around your town to traveling with a sports team, nothing is off limits. When you’re a great barber, there can be work for you wherever you go. That’s never going to be out of style!
- In the military, a haircut is not optional – it’s a regulation that most serviceman must abide by. So, choosing to work on a base is one of the most reliable barber jobs you can have! Not only is it a great way to stay in business, it’s a chance to give back to service members in your own special way by making sure they always look sharp for inspection.
- When you can trust someone with your hair, you can trust them with anything. A lot of men and women go to the barbershop, not just for a great cut, but to talk to their barber about pretty much anything. Women aren’t the only ones who need to vent sometimes, men do too! But don’t worry, what’s said in the shop, stays in the shop.
- With the popularity of social media, it seems like there’s a new trend appearing every day. You’re going to need a good barber to help you keep up and get those perfect selfies!
- Barbering isn’t just a man’s game anymore. Women are making great contributions to the barbering trade. And they might just have the inside scoop on what ladies like. Call it women’s intuition but if we’re all in this together, it’s a trade that isn’t going anywhere.
As a barber, you’re an artist. Your shears are your paintbrush and your client – your canvas. Creating new looks and making clients feel great about themselves feels pretty great. And every man should have that go-to professional helping them look good from the top of the head to the tip of their beard! If this sounds like something you could wrap your clippers around, check out the barber programs in your local area. There are plenty of opportunities to go around so contact your local state licensing board to learn more about how you can shave and trim your way to a bright future!